REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 1, 2018 and is ongoing until all classes are filled!
If at any time you require assistance obtaining your VPK Certificate, please contact:
*Early Learning Coalition of Seminole County
280 Hunt Park Cove, Longwood, FL, 32750, phone: 407.960.2460.
If you have questions regarding enrollment with a SCPS VPK provider, please visit:
*SCPS VPK Office
*239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746
Step 1 - Apply for Your VPK Certificate
You will apply for your VPK Certificate of Eligibility through the Early Learning Coalition of Seminole.
This will require parents/guardians to complete an application by uploading one of the following documents in PDF format:
- Proof of Florida residency (e.g. utility bill, current Florida driver's license, lease)
- Proof of child's age (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
Your child's Certificate of Eligibility will be emailed to you as soon as documents are verified. This may take up to 10 business days.
Visit the Parent Portal on the Coalition's website to begin the process of obtaining your VPK Certificate.
Step 2 - Register with Seminole County Public Schools
The Seminole County Public Schools VPK office is located at 239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746 (407.320.0463). To register, please bring the following:
Please note: Individual Schools do not register for VPK. All SCPS Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) registrations must come through the Pre-K office. Office hours at Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Summer office hours (June and July) are Monday-Thursday (closed on Friday's) from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Please bring the following documents to register your child:
- The child’s birth certificate
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility
- The parent’s driver’s license, car registration, or voter registration
- One (1) utility bill (electric or water)
- Proof of residency (lease or warranty deed)
- The child’s Immunization Record (must be current)
- Proof of Physical (within a year)
- Student entry form (English) | (Spanish)
Children will be put on a waiting list until all documents are received. Once the registration packet is complete, the child will be placed on the class list.
For a more detailed list of appropriate documents, view student registration requirements.