REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 1, 2018
How to Enroll Your Child in the SCPS VPK Program-
If at any time you require assistance during the enrollment process please contact the Early Learning Coalition of Seminole County, located at 280 Hunt Park Cove, Longwood, FL, 32750, phone: 407.960.2460 for questions about your VPK certificate, or the SCPS Pre-K office at 239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746, phone: 407.320.0463 for enollment questions.
Step 1 - Apply for Your VPK Certificate
Apply for your VPK Certificate of Eligibility through the Early Learning Coalition of Seminole. Families who do not have access to a computer or a scanner may use computers at either:
- Pre-K office at 239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746, (407.320.0463) Office Hours- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Families may use computers)
- SCPS Early Learning Center, 1101 S. Bay Avenue, Sanford, FL 32771 Office Hours- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Families may use computers)
- Early Learning Coalition of Seminole computer lab. Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Families may use computers)
VPK registration may be completed on a mobile device if the required documents are photographed using a PDF scanning application (e.g. Android's Handy Scanner, Window's Scan2pdf, Apple's Genius Scan).
The registration site will require parents/guardians to complete an application by uploading one of the following documents in PDF format:
- Proof of Florida residency (e.g. utility bill, current Florida driver's license, lease)
- Proof of child's age (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
Your child's Certificate of Eligibility will be emailed to you as soon as documents are verified. Certificates can also be printed at either office while registering for the SCPS VPK Program.
Visit the Parent Portal on the coalition's website where you have VPK Certificate of Eligibility
Step 2 - Register with Seminole County Public Schools
The Seminole County Public Schools VPK office is located at 239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746 (407.320.0463). To register, please bring the following:
Please note: Individual Schools do not register for VPK. All SCPS Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) registrations must come through the Pre-K office (239 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL 32746, 407.320.0463), or the SCPS Early Learning Center, (1101 S. Bay Avenue, Sanford, FL 32771 407.320.3940). Office hours at Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- The child’s birth certificate
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility
- The parent’s driver’s license, car registration, or voter registration
- One (1) utility bill such as an electric bill
- Proof of residency such as a current lease or deed
- The child’s Immunization Record
- Proof of Physical (within a year)
- Student entry form (English) | (Spanish)
Children will be put on a waiting list until all documents are received. Once the registration packet is complete, the child will be placed on the class list.
For a more detailed list of appropriate documents, view student registration requirements.