Pre-Employment Transition Services
Sign up now for the 2021 SCPS Fall Pre-Employment Transition Opportunities. Seminole County Public Schools is a provider for Vocational Rehabilitation. What does this mean for you? Your student can participate in SCPS Pre-Employment Transition Opportunities.
We are offering after school virtual courses and work based work learning experiences this fall for our SCPS students. Students must be between the ages of 14-21, be currently enrolled in school, have an active IEP or 504, and are a client of VR/Pre-ETS.
Students can participate in after school virtual Work Readiness Training, virtual Self Advocacy 1 Training, and/or multiple Work Based Learning Experiences. Please see the flyers attached for more detailed information.
- Virtual Work Readiness Training - Recommended for 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.
- Virtual Self Advocacy 1 Training - Recommended for 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.
- Virtual Work Based Learning Experiences (Spanish) - Recommended for 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.
How to Register: Visit https://bit.ly/scpsfall21pre-ets to begin the registration process.
What happens after I submit the online registration form above: You will receive an e-mail from the Transition Team within 3-5 business days. The e-mail will contain important paperwork which needs to be completed to finalize your registration.
**Registration for the October and November Virtual Trainings is on a first come first serve basis. Limited availability. Slots fill up fast so be sure to register as soon as possible.
Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) help students with disabilities advocate for themselves in the workplace, prepare for employment and gain real-world work experience.
Students, ages 14-21, who are currently enrolled in school, have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 and are a client of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR).
Already a client of VR or the VR Pre-ETS Program
Contact your VR Counselor to request these services through Seminole County Public Schools.
Become a client of VR or the VR Pre-ETS Program
Contact your school’s Transition Resource Teacher and complete the VR or Pre-ETS Program referral form.
Download a pdf copy of the Pre-ETS Rack Card.
- Develop Self-Awareness
- Understand Your Rights
- Set Goals
- Request Appropriate Accommodations
- Become Career Ready
- Develop an Action Plan
- Learn to Advocate for Yourself
- Develop a Resumé
- Interview Skills
- Search and Apply for Jobs Online
- Find and Complete Job Applications
- Manage Employer Contacts
- Handle Conflict
- Navigate Public Transportation
- Review Employee Benefits
- Apply and Practice Soft Skills and Social Skills
- Gain an Understanding of Career Field
- Develop Work Related Skills
- Build Relationships
- Identify Work Accommodations
- Acquire Job References
The services described above are Pre-Employment Transition Services. Seminole County School District is approved by Vocational Rehabilitation as a provider of these services.