Social Security Disclosure
The following is the Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) social security disclosure. We encourage all applicants and current SCPS employees to review the content below.
Notification to Applicants and Employees
Pursuant to applicable federal law, state law, and federal and state regulations, the School Board of Seminole County, Florida collects applicant and employee social security numbers for purposes which include, but are not limited to: (1) background checks and employability; (2) identification and verification; (3) employee benefit processing; (4) payroll processing and federal income tax reporting; (5) unemployment compensation reporting; (6) and state reporting to the Florida Retirement System, Department of Education and Bureau of Teacher Certification. Social security numbers shall be considered confidential and exempt from public inspection, except as provided for by § 119.071(5) (a)6.a.-h., Fla. Stat., which provides as follows:
Social security numbers held by an agency may be disclosed if any of the following apply:
- The disclosure of the social security number is expressly required by federal or state law or a court order.
- The disclosure of the social security number is necessary for the receiving agency or governmental entity to perform its duties and responsibilities.
- The individual expressly consents in writing to the disclosure of his or her social security number.
- The disclosure of the social security number is made to comply with the USA Patriot Act of 2001, Pub. L. No. 107-56, or Presidential Executive Order 13224.
- The disclosure of the social security number is made to a commercial entity for the permissible uses set forth in the federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994, 18 U.S.C. ss. 2721 et seq., the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. ss. 1681 et seq.; or the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, 15 U.S.C. ss. 6801 et seq.; provided that the authorized commercial entity complies with the requirements of this paragraph.
- The disclosure of the social security number is for the purpose of the administration of health benefits for an agency employee or his or her dependents.
- The disclosure of the social security number is for the purpose of the administration of a pension fund administered for the agency employee's retirement fund, deferred compensation plan, or defined contribution plan.
- The disclosure of the social security number is for the purpose of the administration of the Uniform Commercial Code by the office of the Secretaryof State.