Visual Impairment (VI)
Students who are visually impaired include: students who are blind, have no vision or little potential for using vision; students who have low vision; students who have a visual impairment after best correction that adversely affects their educational performance; or students who have been diagnosed with a progressive condition that will most likely result in a visual impairment or no vision after best correction.
The corresponding definition is found in State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.03014, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.).
State Laws and Regulations
Technical Assistance Paper: Accessible Instructional Materials
- Florida Division of Blind Services
- Bookshare: Ebooks for people with reading barriers
- ACB: American Council of the Blind
- FDLRS: Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System
- FIMC-VI: The Florida Instructional Materials Center for the Visually Impaired
- Learning Ally
Michelle Ferren, ESSS Administrator, 407-320-2013