Welcome to the streamlined retirement services. We know your time is valuable, so please take a moment to review the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and informative resources below that are available to you directly from the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
There are many frequently asked questions related to retirement that you might have such as:
- How do I prepare?
- Do I have choices?
- When are the sessions that I can attend to complete paperwork for retirement?
- I am in DROP and I want to leave early, what do I do?
We have prepared the following to assist you: Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have planned your retirement and are ready to retire or enter drop, contact
SCPS Retirement Specialist
Janice Hickson @ (407) 320-0498 or via email email@example.com
Click here for group meetings held at the Education Support Center designated for employees that are prepared to complete their retirement applications.
For specific questions regarding Retirement and DROP, you may contact the Florida Retirement System (FRS) at (844)377-1888 or visit the FRS website (link below) which contains up-to-date news and information. FRS employees can answer all of your personal questions, provide information on creditable years of service and eligibility with precise accuracy. To access general information about the FRS programs, you may use the following link: FRS Programs. You can also visit the Division of Retirement website to create a user ID and password for access to your personal retirement information.
For questions regarding your social security, please contact the Social Security Administration (SSA).
FRS Quick Clips
- How to Log In to FRS Online - PowerPoint presentation that explains the steps necessary for FRS active members to log in to FRS Online.
- Beneficiary Designation Before You Retire - PowerPoint presentation that explains the process for FRS Pension Plan members to designate and change their beneficiary information before they retire.
- Retirement without DROP - PowerPoint presentation that discusses the eligibility and application process for FRS Pension Plan members planning to retire without participating in DROP.
- DROP Retirement - PowerPoint presentation that discusses the eligibility and application process for FRS Pension Plan members planning to participate in the Deferred Retirement Option Program.
- DROP Termination Process - PowerPoint presentation that explains the process for a member participating in DROP to terminate and begin receiving their monthly benefits along with their DROP payout.
- Benefit Payment Options - PowerPoint presentation that explains the differences between the four benefit payment options available to FRS Pension Plan members when they retire.
- FRS Resources Flyer.
FRS Financial Planning Online Workshops
Want to get smarter about your financial health, but don’t have a lot of time to spare? Good news! The FRS offers free financial planning workshop webcasts for FRS-covered employees that you can attend right from your desk.
To register for a workshop call 1-866-446-9377, Option 2 (TRS 711), or go to the workshop registration page and after login, select “Attend a Workshop”, then “A WEBINAR” under the County drop down box (be sure to select “A WEBINAR” and not the county you live or work in). Under the “Workshop” drop-down box, choose the workshop you wish to attend, then click “Next to select a date. If you sign up to attend an online workshop you will receive details for logging in and participating a few days prior to the workshop.