Purchasing and Distribution Services
Teacher Classroom Supply
The Teacher Classroom Supply (TCS) Program is powered by Amazon Business Solution. Section 1012.71, Florida Statutes, “The Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program,” governs this program and provides the guidelines to be followed by all parties involved to ensure adequate accountability and proper use of public funds.
The TSC Program will start the beginning of the academic year. Teachers with an active employee status who have not yet registered in the Amazon program will receive an email from the Purchasing Department inviting them to sign the Acknowledgement form to participate in the TCS program. The email will contain important instructions along with information to complete the Finance Acknowledgement form to ensure that all teachers who participate in the TCS program understand and agree to the guidelines provided by Florida Statute 1012.71.
Teachers new to Seminole County Public Schools will receive an email invitation from the Purchasing Department upon completion of Human Resources onboarding until the first of September of the school year. Teachers hired after the first of September of the school year will have to wait until the next academic year to participate in the program.
The Amazon platform simplifies the purchasing process and allows the end user to take advantage of Amazon’s wide product selection and competitive prices. Going forward we encourage end users to place all their TCS orders through this new Amazon Business account. Shopping on Amazon Business is as user friendly as Amazon.com.
Additional benefits include:
• Free 2-Day shipping on Prime-eligible items (learn more),
• Automatic tax-exempt purchasing on items sold by Amazon.com LLC and participating 3rd party sellers,
• Access to millions of additional products, available only to Business customers,
• Business-specific pricing, including quantity discounts on eligible items, and
• Access to a specialized Amazon Business Customer Service team.
Please click the link below for more information.
The Purchasing Department invites all vendors who wish to do business with the School Board of Seminole County, Florida to register with VendorLink at: https://www.myvendorlink.com/common/default.aspx.
VendorLink is a free, and user-friendly internet portal where registered businesses receive electronic email notifications of upcoming informal and formal competitive solicitations. The online registration service allows vendors to provide basic information about their business and to select specific commodity codes of the goods and services they provide to the public.
When an informal or formal competitive solicitation matching the vendor’s commodity code becomes available, VendorLink automatically emails a notification to the email address provided by the firm during the registration process. The email notification contains the link and information necessary for the solicitation to be viewed and downloaded from any computer.
If you need assistance with the VendorLink registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to support our customers, the schools, departments and special centers, students, teachers and administrators by:
- Maximizing the value of the products and services purchased.
- Stocking and distributing quality supplies at discounted prices.
- Assure prompt and accurate delivery of textbooks.
- Assure internal mail services that are efficient and reliable.
- Disposing of surplus property in a cost effective manner and to maximize revenue.
We are committed to our mission while maintaining high ethical standards and a fair and open procurement process. The department is committed to observing all applicable laws, rules and regulations as promulgated and amended by the School Board of Seminole County Florida, the State of Florida, and the United States Government.
The Purchasing and Distribution Services Department is responsible for ensuring that the procurement activities for all goods and services for the School District are in compliance with all applicable Florida Statutes, State Board of Education rules, State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF), School Board policies, and federal procurement requirements. In addition, the department is responsible for providing district-wide mail services, surplus property pickup and disposal, moving services, and management of a central warehouse with over 850 items, with weekly deliveries to all facilities.
- Doing Business with Seminole County Public Schools
- Cover Letter for Vendor Application
- Vendor Application
- BOA Epayables Program Information
- W-9 Form
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Example
- Purchasing Staff Responsibility List
- Sale of Surplus Property
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions- General
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions- Federal
- Report of Unsatisfactory Materials and/or Services
- TCS FAQ
Click on one of the names below to view their full bio (if available).