Public Records Requests
To request a public or student record through Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS), please review the information provided below. All public records requests should be submitted to Carolyn Bedsole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates for Copying and Service Charges for Public Records Requests
Date of Board Adoption: January 14, 2014
The following fees will be charged to individuals and non-governmental agencies requesting copies of the public records maintained by the School Board of Seminole County, Florida. (School Board Policy - 3.50 - Public Information, Inspection and Copying of Public Records):
- 15 cents per one-sided copy for duplicated copies of not more than 14 inches by 8 ½ inches and 20 cents for each two-sided copy.
- For all other copies, the actual cost of duplication of the public record.
- When extensive clerical or administrator time is involved in retrieving the requested records and/or the request for copies is extensive (extensive time is more than fifteen (15) minutes), the clerical and/or administrator's gross hourly rate involved in retrieval and/or copying must be charged in addition to the per page charge for copies.
- When extensive programming is required to collect public records the district assigned programmer's gross hourly rate must be charged in addition to the per page charge for copies.
- $1.00 per document certified, in addition to the per page charge.
- School Board meetings are provided in DVD format at 15¢ per copy.
No charge if blank DVD(s) are provided. (No charge for postage if pre-addressed/pre-stamped mailer is provided when delivery by mail is requested.)