A valid Florida Educator's Certificate is required under Florida law by all teachers. Securing and updating a certificate is the responsibility of the teacher. SCPS Certification staff is here to provide you with guidance, but you must fulfill the requirements and complete all procedures. If you hold a Professional Educator Certificate, your application for a change/addition and renewal must be submitted for processing through the Seminole County Public Schools Certification Office.
If you hold a Temporary Florida Educator Certificate, adding a subject must be processed through the Florida Department of Education.
- FDOE Apply for Teacher Certification
- Florida Professional Educator's Certificate Renewal and Reinstatement Information
- SCPS Teachers - District Renewal Application
- SCPS Teachers - District Application to Add a Subject or Endorsement
Please Note: District applications are for employees only and are to be returned to Human Resources/Certification.
SCPS requires that payment be by cash, VISA, MasterCard, or money orders payable to SCPS. Personal checks are not accepted.
The fastest way to check your Inservice Points by logging into Employee Self Service and clicking on My Points!
FTCE Testing and Test Preparation
The following links are to assist you in preparing and registering for FTCE examinations:
- FTCE FAQ's
- Register for Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE)
- FTCE Preparation Materials
- Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Learning Portal
- Information regarding the repeal of Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum Oct. 25, 2011
- FDOE Professional Preparation & Education Competence
Seminole County Public Schools offers state approved add on programs for Gifted Endorsement, ESOL Endorsements and Reading Endorsements. Contact the Teaching and Learning department to register.
Are you new to teaching in Florida or Changing careers?
Teacher Information and Certification Sessions are held each Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday at 2:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
Educational Support Center/Human Resources
400 E. Lake Mary Blvd., Sanford, Florida SCPS