New Millennium Middle School
The recent 2016 COPS sale and the Board adopted 2016-2017 CIP program and budget includes funding for the construction of the New Millennium Middle campus located east of Sanford adjacent to Midway Elementary School. On January 12, 2016, the Board approved the contract with Schenkel Shultz Architecture to design the New Millennium School campus. On December 20, 2016, the Board approved the selection of, and awarded a contract for CM at Risk services to, Wharton-Smith, Incorporated for the project. The design team has completed the Construction Documents and has submitted them for Phase III approval. The CM working with staff and the design team has arrived at a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) proposal to construct the campus for $43,500,000.
The new school design is based upon a prototype school located in Venice Florida that emphasizes performing arts. The new campus will have 1946 student stations, and was planned for the potential of future expansion into a high school campus. The school will emphasize performing arts programs and include a 780-seat auditorium that can also support programs at the adjacent Midway Elementary School. The academic house will include a three-story structure similar to the academic house at Tuskawilla Middle School. Other campus facilities include a gymnasium, media, cafeteria, and administrative areas. The mechanical design includes the expansion of the Thermal Energy Storage (TES) plant that will serve both the New Millennium Middle School campus, future Midway Elementary ILC, and the existing Midway Elementary school to maximize energy efficiency and operational cost at the site. The campus energy plant is estimated to cost $1.4 million to construct, yet is approved to receive an initial FPL rebate of $600,000. Coupled with the equipment energy savings and low demand service rates, the plant is expected to recover the initial cost from rebates and operational savings in less than 3 years.
- May 22, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- June 19, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- July 02, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- August 18, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- September 21, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- October 19, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- November 19, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- December 19, 2017 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)
- January 19, 2018 (Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4)