The Audiological Services Department of Seminole County Public Schools offers FREE comprehensive audiological services for children ages 0-21 residing in Seminole County. If your child is demonstrating any of the below characteristics you may want toschedule an appointment with the audiology department:
- Student strains to hear.
- Student asks you to repeat yourself often.
- Student tends to pay close attention to the face, lips and gestures of the people speaking.
- Student tends to withdraw from social interactions.
- Student does not respond to loud sounds (i.e. door slam, phone rings, etc.).
- Student complains of ear pain or fullness in the ear.
- Student exhibits a change in behavior - more irritable or aggressive.
- Any odor or drainage from the ears.
To schedule an appointment, call 407.746.2416.
Click here for directions to:
Altamonte Elementary School
525 Pineview Street,
Altamonte Springs Fl 32701
- Identifying hearing loss through audiological evaluation.
- Identifying auditory processing disorders through audiological evaluation.
- Coordinating county-wide hearing screening program.
- Counseling parents regarding their child's hearing loss. Recommendations are made based on themedical, educational, social and behavioral implications of the hearing loss.
- Assessing the function of students' hearing aids.
- Communicating with teachers, physicians and other professionals regardingthe student's needs.
- Interpreting audiological test results received from outside agencies.
- Providing peer education programs.
- Fitting and maintaining the FM amplification equipment throughout the district.