McKay Scholarship Program
In order to be eligible for the McKay Scholarship Program, a student must apply for the program prior to withdrawing from public school. The student must also have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)* or 504 Accommodation Plan, and:
- Have been enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys (Grades K-12); or
- Have been a pre-kindergarten student who was enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys and was at least 4 years old; or
- Have been a pre-kindergarten student who was reported as having received Specialized Instructional Services by the Office of Early Learning and was at least 4 years old; or
- Have attended the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind during the preceding October and February student membership surveys (Grades K-12).
If your child meets the eligibility requirements, you may apply for a scholarship. If your child does not meet these requirements but has an IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan and is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who transfers to a school in Florida from out of state or from a foreign country pursuant to a parent’s permanent change of station orders, the child may be eligible for a McKay Scholarship. Please contact 1-800-447-1636 for additional information.
* Please note that students with a "gifted only" designation and an Eligibility Plan (EP) do not meet the eligibility criteria for the McKay Scholarship Program.
- FDOE Policies and Procedures
- Brochure McKay Scholarship for Student with Disabilities
- For information on Florida School Choice Scholarships, visit http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org
- FDOE Parent Responsibilities (PDF)
- McKay English Letter
- McKay Spanish Letter
For more information, you may call the SCPS McKay Hotline at 407.320.0531
Exceptional Student Support Services contact person for information on the McKay Scholarship for Students with Disabilities: