McKay Scholarship Program
In order to be eligible for the McKay Scholarship Program, a student must apply for the program prior to withdrawing from public school. The student must also have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)* or 504 Accommodation Plan, and:
- Have been enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys (Grades K-12); or
- Have been a pre-kindergarten student who was enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys and was at least 4 years old; or
- Have been a pre-kindergarten student who was reported as having received Specialized Instructional Services by the Office of Early Learning and was at least 4 years old; or
- Have attended the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind during the preceding October and February student membership surveys (Grades K-12).
If your child meets the eligibility requirements, you may apply for a scholarship at www.floridaschoolchoice.org. If your child does not meet these requirements but has an IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan and is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who transfers to a school in Florida from out of state or from a foreign country pursuant to a parent’s permanent change of station orders, the child may be eligible for a McKay Scholarship. Please contact 1-800-447-1636 for additional information.
* Please note that students with a "gifted only" designation and an Educational Plan (EP) do not meet the eligibility criteria for the McKay Scholarship Program.
- FDOE Policies and Procedures
- Brochure McKay Scholarship for Student with Disabilities
- For information on Florida School Choice Scholarships, visit http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org
- FDOE Parent Responsibilities
- McKay English Letter
- McKay Spanish Letter
- Florida Private School Directory
Exceptional Student Support Services contact person for information on the McKay Scholarship for Students with Disabilities:
Debbie Caudill, Coordinator
Luz Ortiz, Administrative Assistant