The Communications Office vision is to create and implement an effective communication system that will inform and engage internal and external constituents utilizing multiple tools, resources, and methods.
The Communications Office offers story ideas to the media and responds to media requests. Team members are available to help with:
- Writing press releases
- Press conferences, news briefings and special events
- Pitching story ideas to print and broadcast media
- Crisis communications
- Supporting school and district staff with media interviews
- School to home communication
The Communications Office also provides principals, site administrators and district staff with guidance during crisis situations. Team members will assist with writing parent letters or SchoolMessenger scripts alerting parents of situations that have occurred at a school, and provides advice about how widely to disseminate such messages and letters, as well as the appropriate timing for sending out SchoolMessenger calls.
Interactive and Social Media
The Communications Office designs and maintains the district website and assists schools and other departments with design and maintenance of their sites and page content. The office also maintains the district’s Facebook page, Twitter account and all other official forms of district social media, such as YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr and more.
The Communications Office assists with the marketing and branding of all district programs, schools, and departments. Team members assist internal district staff with developing communication plans and strategies for implementation to their various audiences for maximum efficiency and reach.
The district graphic designer works with schools and departments to design logos, letterhead, posters, brochures, event programs, annual reports, flyers and signage; and serves as a consultant for preparing digital files and print ordering.
The district has a multimedia team that is responsible for all photography, videography, and editing production. They cover school and district events and maintain a photo library on Flickr. In addition, the team produces all School Board meetings for live web streaming and for later rebroadcast on Seminole County’s SGTV (Bright House Networks, Channel 498 or on U-verse Channel 99). The multimedia staff also produces internal/external videos for our schools, departments, and the district that are uploaded to the district’s YouTube page.
Click on one of the events below for more details.
- Jan 21 School Board Meeting
- Feb 4 School Board Meeting
- Feb 25 School Board Meeting
- Mar 10 School Board Meeting
- Apr 7 School Board Meeting
- Apr 28 School Board Meeting
- May 12 School Board Meeting
- Jun 2 School Board Meeting
- Jun 16 School Board Meeting
- Jul 28 School Board Meeting
- Aug 18 School Board Meeting
- Sep 8 School Board Meeting
- Sep 29 School Board Meeting
- Oct 13 School Board Meeting
- Oct 27 School Board Meeting
- Nov 17 School Board Meeting
Click on one of the names below to view their full bio (if available).
Click on one of the news items below to view the full article.
Highlands Elementary is proud to announce that the school has been named as a Leader in Me Lighthouse School by Franklin Covey Co.