Choices & Student Assignment
The Choices Department manages the various processes for student assignment that promote and support the Excellence and Equity goals of Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS). Those processes include school choice options that help minimize overcrowded conditions, promote and maintain a diverse student enrollment, accommodate family choice to the maximum extent possible, and support the implementation of educational pathways (ePathways) initiatives to the maximum extent possible. To learn more, just follow the steps outlined below:
Five Steps to School Choice
Step 1 – Determine your school zones based upon your address.
Step 2 - Explore student assignment and school choice options.
Click below to explore the opportunites available.
Step 3 - Determine the apporpriate application timeline.
- Click here to view application timelines.
Step 4 - Complete the appropriate application.
- To access step-by-step instructions, click here.
- To access the online application system, click here.
Step 5 - Monitor application status and take next steps as directed.
- Check email frequently.
- Read all emails and communications completely and thoroughly.
- Log back into parent application account to check status of application.
- Pay attention to registration requirements and any deadlines.