Middle School Magnets
Determine if your child is eligible to apply for a magnet school.
- If your family is zoned to attend a middle school magnet, based upon your address, you do not need to apply for that school.
- If your family is not zoned to attend the middle school magnet of your choice, proceed to the next step.
Complete the appropriate magnet school application.
- Apply online at www.seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us.
- Please note which application you are completing (regular magnet or magnet + SCPS Pre-IB Program Track).
- Magnet + SCPS Pre-IB Program Track = magnet themed electives at the requested school PLUS advanced curriculum in core academic courses (math, language arts, science, social students, and world language).
- Students may only apply to one magnet program.
Submit the magnet school application via the online application system.
- Confirmation email will be sent upon submission.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, you did not submit the application.
Receive a magnet school notification email.
- On time/lottery applications = school assignment email sent in mid-January each year.
- Based upon limited seat availability, even some on time applicants may receive a wait list email.
- Late applications = will be placed on the wait list for that specific program.
Accept your child’s magnet school assignment or wait list seat via the online application system.
- Log into your parent/guardian account at www.seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us.
- Find the “magnet school applications” tab in the middle of the screen and accept your child’s seat placement.
If accepted into a magnet school, students must then register at the school site.
- School is responsible for checking all required registration documentation and verifying residency.
- All magnet school acceptance notifications have a registration deadline.
- If the parents/guardians do not register their child by the stated deadline, they will be required to submit a new magnet school application and their child will be placed on the wait list.
Wait Pool Management:
- On-time applicants not assigned to the magnet school or program will be randomly placed in a waiting pool for that school for the remainder of the current school year.
- On time applicants are placed prior to late applicants, as practicable.
- Late applicants will be chosen from the waiting pool in order of the date and time their applications are received.
- Families must reapply, beginning in October, to be eligible for a new magnet school for the following year.
- Families that are satisfied with their magnet school do not need to reapply in subsequent years.
- Contact the Student Assignment & Program Access Department.