Elementary Region School Zones
Elementary Region School Zones:
- Students residing in Region 1, Region 2, or Region 3 are assigned to any one of the three schools.
- Families in these school zones must receive a school assignment before they can enroll their student at a school.
- Parents/Guardians designate by rank order their preference for their student among the schools located within the region.
- Transportation is provided to all students who live more than 2 miles from their assigned school.
- There is a sibling link for students to attend the same school that his/her sibling currently attends and will continue to attend.
- The new/incoming student is required to submit an application during the on time application period (January 1 - March 1).
- Current students do not need to re-apply.
- Region 1: Bentley Elementary • Idyllwilde Elementary Future Ready Academy • Wilson Elementary
- Region 2: Bentley Elementary • Crystal Lake Elementary • Wicklow Elementary Magnet School for Global Pathways
- Region 3: Hamilton Elementary School of Engineering & Technology • Midway Elementary School of the Arts • Pine Crest Magnet School of Innovation
How to Apply for an Elementary Region School Zone Assignment:
1) Complete the appropriate region school zone application based upon your address.
- Apply online at www.seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us.
2) Submit the region school application via the online application system.
- Confirmation email will be sent upon submission.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, you did not submit the application.
3) Receive a school assignment email.
- On time/lottery applications = school assignment email sent in late March/early April each year.
- Late/ongoing applications = school assignment email sent within 24-48 hours.
- Even if assigned to your second or third choice school a family must register at the assigned school in order to remain in the wait pool for their first choice school.
- Student assignment will be based upon the following criteria - preference zone, full time site-based employee, sibling placement, socioeconomic diversity, family preference, and capacity.
4) Review the school assignment email and complete the appropriate steps for enrollment.
- If you are in need of enrollment assistance, please contact your assigned school.
- School staff are responsible for checking all required enrollment documentation and verifying residency.
- All school assignments have an enrollment deadline.
- If parents/guardians do not complete the appropriate enrollment process by the stated deadline, they will be required to submit a new region school application.
Wait Pool Management:
- Families assigned to their second or third choice school will remain in a wait pool for their first choice school.
- Wait pools are only maintained for first choice schools.
- Parents/Guardians must enroll their child at the assigned school in order to remain in the wait pool for their first choice school.
- Once the school year begins, a student must be in attendance at the assigned school in order to remain in the wait pool for their first choice school.
- On time applicants are placed prior to late applicants, as practicable.
- Wait pools are maintained for one school year.
- Families must reapply, beginning in January, to be eligible for a new school assignment the following year.
- Families that are satisfied with their school assignment do not need to reapply in subsequent years.
- Contact the Student Assignment & Program Access Department.