Public Records Requests
To request a public or student record through Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS), please review the information provided below. All public records requests should be submitted to Carolyn Bedsole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates for Copying and Service Charges for Public Records Requests
Date of Board Adoption: December 19, 2017
The following fees will be charged to individuals and non-governmental agencies requesting copies of the public records maintained by the School Board of Seminole County, Florida. (School Board Policy - 3.50 - Public Information, Inspection and Copying of Public Records):
- $0.15/copy for one-sided copies of not more than 14 inches by 8.5 inches.
- $0.20/copy for two-sided copies not more than 14 inches by 8.5 inches.
- For all other copies, the actual cost of duplication of the public record.
- When extensive clerical or administrator time is involved in retrieving the requested records and/or the request for copies is extensive (extensive time is more than fifteen (15) minutes), the assigned clerical and/or administrator's gross hourly rate will be charged in addition to the per page charge for copies.
- When extensive programming is required to collect public records, the district assigned programmer's gross hourly rate must be charged in addition to the per page charge for copies.
- $1.00 per certified copy, in addition to the per page charge.
- $5.00/copy of School Board meetings in the digital format.
- $10.00/transcript for alumni requesting his/her transcript. Current students of the School Board of Seminole County, Florida are not charge for transcripts.
- $20.00/transcript for other requestors.
- $20.00 for education verification.
(No charge for postage if pre-addressed/pre-stamped mailer is provided when delivery by mail is requested.)