McKay Scholarship Transfer
- The parent/guardian must file an intent for a McKay Scholarship on the Florida Department of Education (DOE) website at www.floridaschoolchoice.org and complete the online form.
- If the student meets the Florida DOE eligibility criteria, the family will receive a letter confirming the McKay Scholarship from the Seminole County Public Schools Exceptional Student Support Services (ESSS) Department.
- If a parent/guardian elects to use the McKay Scholarship for a public school choice option the parent/guardian will need to complete the McKay Scholarship transfer request online at www.seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us.
- The Choices & Student Assignment Department will receive the request and forward the information to the ESSS Department.
- The ESSS Department in collaboration with the Choices & Student Assignment Department will ensure IEP requirements and class size requirements are reviewed for all public school choice requests.
- If approved, the student is eligible to remain at the requested school through the highest grade.