Late last Spring SCPS had a STEM Expo in conjunction with the Instructional Technology department. The EXPO area was packed but the public had limited access and we had only a small representation of STEM-related programs represented. This year in an effort to provide maximum exposure to all STEM-related programs, there will be a Fall STEM Showcase.
What: Inspiring Change- Seminole County Public Schools STEM Showcase
Who: Programs of Emphasis and STEM-related school programs or organizations (teachers and students)
Where: Oviedo Mall
When: Saturday, October 27, 2012 (Set up 9:00 am to 10:00 am; Showcase open to public 10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
This event would provide a community service to the public with insight into Programs of Emphasis and STEM-related school programs or organizations in the Seminole County Public School system.
This is an opportunity for your school to showcase and exhibit its STEM-related school programs or organizations. It would also provide a platform for schools to attract and retain interested students in STEM-related programs, while promoting a robust academic focus in SCPS.
STEM focused programs in the HS – involves all of the HS (9)
· Dave Johnson- Winter Spring HS – Alternative Energy Program
· Kathy Savage – Oviedo HS – Bioscience Program
· Amanda Mitchell – Lake Mary HS – Forensics Program
· Clayton Duncan- Crooms AOIT – Gaming and Simulation Program
· Karin Fisher/Robotics or Lyn Higgins/Engineering Lyman HS
· Chas Lynch – Hagerty HS – Modeling and Simulation Program
· Mary Cragar – Seminole HS- Health Academy Program
· Sara Borosky/Cristina Lehman – Lake Howell HS – New Media
· Seth Reichelson- Lake Brantley HS - SECME or Peter Parker-Lake Brantley HS- 3D Modeling
STEM focused programs in the MS(2)
· Deborah Stowell /David Shipman – Sanford MS- SECME
· Carol Unterreiner- Milwee MS- PLTW/STEM
STEM focused programs in the ES(1)
· Norine Quire- Goldsboro-owl pellets/iPads, NASA, Gardening project, robotics projects, StarLab
· Lynda Roche - Stentrom – STEM projects